So after I saw this on Pinterest
I thought, why would I spend $48 when it isn't in the colors or fonts I want and is missing some crucial things (for my classroom)?
So I headed over to Michaels with a coupon (of course) and picked up a canvas and some paint!
So I just used acrylic paint, only about $1.50 for each bottle, to cover my canvas.
This took forever, seriously about two days work plus a sliced finger. I printed out all of my headings in with my new cute Kevin and Amanda fonts, and went to cutting. I bought a special tracing wax paper at hobby lobby.
***Update: Jen asked me what kind it was and I thought I should probably post it!***
You can get it here if it isn't available in your area!
Usually I just use overhead sheets, but when I went out to my school it was closed :(
After an exhausting time cutting these out, along with a few mistakes along the way, I taped them on to the canvas using painters tape and used my white paint. I recommend using a small roller!
Here it is before I went in to do touch ups..
Here are some close ups AFTER touch ups:
And the finished product!! Please let me know what your think!